Social media has been in social media a lot recently. And with it, a conversation about whether or not it’s all a sham. Social media has and will always be what you make of it.
In this case I’m not talking about Essena O’Neil’s battle with stardom. No, I’m talking about the idea that you get out what you put in. Honesty is what makes bloggers like Christina Topacio of Profresh Style and The Financial Diet so popular. It’s why videos like Carrie Murray’s talk on comparison hit home. And it’s why so many bloggers are writing about honesty and blogging.
I’ve written this little “10 Facts About Me” post two times already but it always seemed so superficial. Sure, I could tell you that my favorite band is Snow Patrol and that Thor’s name is pronounced “Tor”. But that wouldn’t really mean anything in the long run. So here we are: 10 Facts Below The Superficial:
1. I overthink. A lot. So much so that I almost didn’t start blogging because I’d find small reasons to just not.
2. I’m afraid of getting bored. Not ‘Oh I’m bored because there’s nothing on TV’. No, the kind of bored that makes you forgo hobbies and people.
3. One of my biggest struggles is difficult to understand. I have a hard time being present. Imagine studying abroad twice and still feeling like you missed out.
4. Change scares me. I remember when the iPhone 5 came with a thumb scanner and that in itself freaked me out. Not because of germs or anything realistic, but because something that had become a staple in my day-to-day life had evolved.
5. Traveling is still difficult for me. I don’t sleep well in new places and I still get nervous when I have to travel alone. I also prefer traveling in Europe rather than the US.
6. I suffer from serious FOMO and it’s something that I’m working on.
7. I am the happiest I have ever been. Seriously, kicking out the toxicity in your life is so important to good health and stability.
8. I have never and probably will never know what I want to do in my life. I’m learning to be okay with this and just take life one day at a time.
9. I do not plan on every having children. I would much rather spend my time and money on four-legged squishes.
10. I am a feminist. This is pretty surface level but I thought I should throw it in for good measure.
So now that we’ve got that out of the way, why not introduce yourself?